POLICIES and FEES
- No one will be considered without a completed application, which must include two references.
- You must be 21 years or older. If you live with other family members, all family members must be in favor of adopting a rescue dog.
- No dog will be adopted as a gift to a person NOT living with the applicant and there are NO surprises. The person who will live with and care for the dog must be interviewed and have their references checked, etc.
- Home checks will be performed by Dachshund Rescue & Placement at our discretion.
- We will arrange to deliver the dog and complete the adoption process.
- We reserve the right to refuse to adopt a dog to any family we feel is unsuitable for that dog.
- If the dog is in a foster home, and the foster family wishes to adopt the dog, they will be given first preference so long as such a placement is in the best interests of the dog.
- We are a southern California rescue and adopt our dogs from Santa Barbara to San Diego.
- We recommend that you send an email after you submit an application if you have any questions or concerns with regard to the adoption process.
- All dogs are vaccinated and spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
- Puppies (we rarely have them) too young to be spayed/neutered can be adopted on a "spay/neuter contract". Adopters will give rescue a deposit of not less than $100 to be refunded upon presentation of a Spay/Neuter Certificate from a reputable vet.
- We provide dental cleanings for those who need them.
- Other known health problems are addressed prior to finalizing an adoption.
- Adoption fees help to cover the costs of the vet bills and caring for the dog to get it in the best condition possible prior to its adoption.
- Expect to pay an adoption fee of $125 - $400 depending on the age, pedigree, coat-type, etc. of the particular dog.
- Fees for pairs are double, however, we offer a discount for adopting a pair.
- Senior dachshunds are placed for a nominal donation only to encourage their adoption.
- Adoption fees are refundable if the dog is returned to Dachshund Rescue & Placement within 30 days from the date of adoption.
- Deposits for holding a dog pending adoption for a period of time longer than one week are not refundable.